Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

My InstaPick of the Week

'Morning Magic'          9x12        pastel         ©Karen Margulis
available $145
It is time for my first InstaPick. I encouraged you last week to join Instagram and I want to thank all of you who found me there and followed me. I am having so much fun discovering new artists and I have several that I am excited to share with you. But my first pick is only fitting. I would not be where I am today without this wonderful and generous artist and friend......Marsha Savage!

I found Marsha online 12 years ago when I decided I wanted to take pastel classes. Fortunately she was teaching nearby and a new session was about to start. Finding Marsha and the class changed the direction of my life! Not only did she give me a solid foundation in painting and pastels, she went above and beyond technique to address the hard questions we face as artists.....why do we paint for example! She also fostered a wonderful and warm classroom environment and the artists in the class soon became my good friends. We even formed a group called the Art Spirits.

'Peaceful Interlude'        8x10    pastel     ©Karen Margulis     $145


My weekly classes with Marsha inspired me to paint everyday. I learned so much in those early days and feel fortunate that I had the opportunity to learn from such a giving and gifted teacher. It is now my privilege to pass on what I've learned (and continue to learn). Marsha talks about it being a journey and it truly is!

'Healing Waters'      14x11    pastel     ©Marsha Savage


You can see what Marsha is up to on her website and of course her Instagram feed. She shares her work and sometimes a step by step painting which is always fun to see. Have a look!

Instagram: @Marshasavageart

And you can also study with both of us this summer! We are teaming up to teach a plein air workshop in the North Georgia Mountains. We have a few spots open! Details below:

Team Teaching by Karen Margulis & Marsha Savage

This will be the third time Karen Margulis and I will be teaching a workshop together! Come join us this September. Karen and I will be teaming up to teach a 3 day plein air workshop in Blue Ridge Georgia. I have a wonderful rustic cabin on the river where we will paint, but we will also paint in some other wonderful spots....we know the secret spots!

Imagine driving  on peaceful country road. It winds it's way slowly alongside the river. You can smell the freshly mown hay and hear the gentle sounds of the river. As you round each bend the views get better. Soon you arrive. It is time to get settled in and take a deep breath of the sweet country air.

Imagine staying in this spot for three days. Painting. Learning. Laughing. Imagine being surrounded by other passionate artists. Artists of all abilities. Artists who just want to become better artists and who share the same passions as you.

This is a plein air workshop on Labor Day Weekend, Fri., Sat. & Sun., Sept. 1, 2, & 3. It is suggested if you are traveling from outside this area, you would want to arrange to stay somewhere close to Blue Ridge, GA arriving on Thurs., Aug. 31, and leaving on Mon., Sept. 4. And, we like to have the students over for a meet and greet that evening before. We can give you ideas or point you in the direction of accommodations.

Link to register for the workshop:



Link to Marsha's website: www.marshasavage.com


1 comment:

Verna Puglisi said...

These paintings took my breath away. You inspire me to get up from my computer and paint.
Thank you for filling my mornings with joy and inspiration.
Verna Puglisi